Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sonnyp

Default If document minimized, why does it come up when I open anothe

So Jezebel, this is a normal occurrence and I can't do anything to stop it?
Thanks

"Jezebel" wrote:

Same issue: there is only one instance of Word running; it gets activated
when you open a document.

"sonnyp" wrote in message
No. Just open from the folder directly. Have a desktop icon that goes
directly to my documents folder. Once there, I click to open. I could
technically click on all but one of them and minimize, and when that last
one
would be accessed, they would ALL open.
Thanks

"Jezebel" wrote:

It's not the document that is minimized, but Word. By the sounds of it,
you
are using Windows Explorer to open your files: you browse to a folder
then
double-click on the filename. Explorer then activates (ie restores) Word
open that file.

"sonnyp" wrote in message
I may have more than one document open but minimized and when I go to
open
another from a folder, any document that is minimized also pops up. Is
there
anyway to stop that? I may have more than one minimized but any that
are
minimized will always come up if I open another.