Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Template Problem re Footer, Word 2000

How did you insert the field delimiters, { }? Note that you must add them by
pressing Ctrl+F9; otherwise the code won't work. If you did insert the field
correctly and you are still seeing the field codes, press Alt+F9 to hide
them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CWLee" wrote in message

I'd like to modify my normal.dot template so that any documents prepared
from it will show, in the footer, the filename but not the path. I've
tried various combinations of:

Document: { FILENAME }
Document:{ FILENAME }
Document: {FILENAME}
etc.

and none of them work to show the filename I assign to a new document
based on the normal.dot template. What shows up on the document is
whatever I have shown above as one of the combinations.

Insight appreciated.

Thanks.

--
CWLee