Stefan Blom

Good idea! Pasting into a less capable application would certainly
remove (most) of the undesired formatting. To get rid of even more
formatting, I'd use NotePad -- or any plain text editor. It won't remove
symbol characters such as typographical quotation marks, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Carol" wrote in message
news
Hi Steven,

You can highlight your entire document and use Ctrl +Z or you can copy

the
entire document and past it into word pad and then copy it from there

and
paste it back into a new Word document. I hope this has been helpful

to you.

"Steve James" wrote:

is there any way of removing all autoformating in exsiting documents