Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Row height in template in Word 2000

Hans L wrote:
Jay, thanks. However, when I open a document based on my template,
and I create a table, I would like the row height to be a value of my
choice (a value that I have specified in the template). Same way that
I have specified for this template that hte font should be Arial 10 p.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Hans L

Hi Hans,

I don't believe that's possible. If I recall correctly, Word 2000 doesn't
have a "table style" feature; however, even in Word 2003 or 2007 where that
feature is available, the row height is not one of the elements you can set
as part of a table style.

The best you can do is to create a table with the desired formatting and a
minimal number of rows, and store that table as a formatted AutoText or
AutoCorrect entry. Give the entry a name you can easily remember. Whenever
you want a new table, instead of using the Table menu, insert the entry as
the starting point for the table in the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman