Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Default how do you enter a repeating line over a number?

I tried the third method and it worked great. (it was the easiest for me to
understand)
many thanks...

"macropod" wrote:

Here are three ways to put a bar over another character:
€¢ use a field coded as {EQ \x\to(a)}. This solution increases the vertical spacing for the affected line (which you could get around
by reducing the fields point size).
€¢ use a field coded as { EQ \o (-,a)}. To achieve the desired result, superscript the first character in the field and subscript the
second character, which leads to small characters for both (which you could counter by increasing the point size), but this too
increases the vertical spacing for the affected line €¦
€¢ use a field coded as {EQ \s\up6(\f(,a))}. Compared to the other solutions, this one has the advantage of retaining the character
sizes without increasing the line height. The €˜6 in the formula controls the bar height.
In each example, replace the €˜a in the field with the desired character(s).

The create the field braces (ie '{ }'), press Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Teresa" wrote in message ...
I'm using Microsoft Word and want to know how to put a line over a number to
show, mathematically, that it is repeating.