Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vic[_2_] Vic[_2_] is offline

Default Merging PDF Documents

I have a VB6 application that does a mail merge using an Access database
which works fine for database fields. I now have a requirement that it also
do a merge of PDF documents. These documents will be Crystal reports that
will be turned into PDF files. I will need to insert multiple {tags} that
will identify which PDF file to insert. Can someone tell me how to go about
doing this, maybe some sample code?

I think this will work for inserting the PDF:

Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="AcroExch.Document.7", _
FileName:="C:\Temp\T0017.pdf", LinkToFile:=False,
DisplayAsIcon:=False

No now I need to know a method of serching for {tags}. Any ideas? I'm
using Word 2007.

Thanks ,

Vic