Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default watermarks and margins and focus

If you can use a single-cell table, then you can use the document body. Just
put the graphic in the header, Behind Text, as described (which is exactly
what a "watermark" is--a graphic anchored to the header and positioned
relative to the page). You have totally missed the point of my post; I
wasn't suggesting that you use a page layout program (which is actually not
suitable for letters) but that you use Word the way it was intended to be
used. If you have the letterhead in the header where it's supposed to be,
then the focus will automatically be in the document body where you want it.
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"i dude eclair" wrote in message
3...
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

Exactly. And will work for your purpose. If it's a full-page graphic
you can still anchor it to the First Page Header, Behind Text, but be
sure to define the position relative to the page rather than the
margins. You will then be able to set margins for the document body
without affecting it.

If you insist on trying to use Word as a page layout program (which it
is not) instead of a word processor, you will continue to have to
fight it.

it's the client, kinda single-minded. Has to use Word.

Having better success with ..
full page watermark, and a single-cell table.

Seems to behave better than a textbox.

If this doesn't work out, I may try using html

thanks for the advice