Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Database Query on Merge field

Word isn't very good at this kind of thing. You may be able to use the
DATABASE field approach described on Cindy Meister's pages at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/

- see Mailmerge FAQ, Special Merges, Multiple Items per condition.

Not sure whether that will work with a merge to e-mail.

Peter Jamieson

"KarenB" wrote in message
I am attempting to create an email merge that will send a memo to each
manager outlining staff scheduled to attend training.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of all staff and includes a
column with the manager's name.

I need to create a single email for each manager that includes a table
with
all staff currently reporting to them (name, employee number, training
location, date of training). There is a column for each of these values
in
the spreadsheet.

Example:

To: ManagerName

The following staff are scheduled for training:

First Name Last Name Employee Number Location Date
Joe Smith 1234 Vanc May 15
Fred Brown 2345 Tor May 18

I thought I was on the right track when I found Cindy's
explanation/website
(http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister) discussing the creation of
Customer Invoices, but after spending quite a bit of time looking at the
example, it still wasn't clear to me how to make this work with an Excel
spreadsheet.

Please help?