Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default Envelopes & Labels question

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Were you using Outlook under XP? I'd guess that Word is trying to find the
address book in the email client - which you have set as Win Mail, so it
cannot find it. Try changing the default mail client setting under
Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Programs Tab to see if that
lets Word find the address book.

This is one of the astonishing things I find with Microsoft Office - Word
will ONLY use the Contact details from Outlook. I don't think you can even
set an Excel file or Access database as the address source. Seems VERY
short-sighted to me, particularly when Open Office will use ANY source you
set - Outlook, Thunderbird, Excel, Access, etc etc etc.