One TOC *entry*--one specific chapter title, one paragraph, one line.

wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:28:14 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You're clicking *in* the TOC. It "grays" because you've clicked in a

field.
But you haven't actually selected the whole field or anything in it. If

you
try the same thing in normal text, clicking between two letters, you'll

find
that Format | Font has the same lack of effect.

When I do that, the entire field for the TOC grays, and I get the
usual menu choices, edit field, etc.

Try selecting one specific
TOC entry (by clicking to the left of it) and applying your formatting.

I am selecting one TOC...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/3/2005 1:45:47 PM