Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Tim

wrote:
I am wrapping up a book for an academic press, which has recently given me
their list of style requirements. One of them is that they do not want
styles but plain text. I use styles. Is there a way to remove them while
retaining the formatting? Or do I have to go through and manually change
everything? Since the book is 400 pages, this is not an appealing prospect.
I could go through and change everything to "Normal," but then it would be
hard to tell where paragraphs end and begin, etc.

At this point, you need to get back to the publisher: if he really wants
"plain text", there's no such thing as italics in there. If not, make
him specify more clearly!

BTW: if you select the whole document (Ctrl A) and then apply Normal
style (Ctrl Shift N), then direct formatting such as bold or italic
should be retained (unless it's part of the style ...).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS