Pintos

Unfortunately cannot view your page about word crashes. When I click on the
link internet explorer disappears. I can view your home page and again the
link there wont work but other links do, is this a problem with my pc or your
page? I have taken my processor box back to the where I bought it and they
have checked everything and I'm told this is all ok. I will contact them
again with your list of things that could be causing the problem just to make
sure. I found typing in a table and also a text box worked ok, so then I
typed outside these and on this occasion it worked ok.

Pintos.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

There are no bugs in Office 2003 that are likely to cause this problem, but
there are lots of things that could cause it e.g.

A conflict with the display driver
A problem with the printer driver
The Office plug-in from Norton AV
A defective memory chip
A defective processor
A defective motherboard (a defective motherboard caused no end of spurious
freezes on my old laptop)
Overheating
etc

To eliminate Word from the equation, first see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then use the trouble
shooting tips at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Pintos wrote:
Having problems with Word 2003. When typing suddenly keyboard stops
working and mouse pointer disappears. Only solution is to re-start
by pressing reset button on processor. Anyone else experienced this
problem? Supplier of PC (which is new) says this could be a bug in
Office 2003. No problems with other office products so far but once
experienced this with Explorer.