Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debbie

Default Saving a backup

€¢ Go to Tools Options Save tab to define how many minutes. Select the
"Set AutoRevoer info every:" checkbox and enter the number of minutes.
€¢ Go to Tools Options File Locations to select the folder. Highlight
"AutoRecover files" and click the Modify button to browse for the folder.

"~mike~" wrote:

Is it possible to make Word automatically save a renamed backup of the
document being worked on, say every 10 minutes to a folder of my choice?
For instance if I'm working on script.doc the backups are saved to
/script_backups/script.bak.doc