Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David A Wood David A Wood is offline

Default Syntax is Wrong but I Cannot See it

Hi

I have a field with 4 choice answers in a dropdown list

"Not Applicable"
"Broadly Compliant"
"Non compliant - minor risk"
"Non compliant - major risk"

Using multiple "IF" I have used the following code -

{IF{Article21Dropdown} = "Broadly compliant" " The responsible person had
ensured that his employees were provided with adequate safety training in a
manner appropriate to the risk identified by the risk assessment. "
{IF(Article21Dropdown} = " Non compliant - minor risk " " The responsible
person had not ensured that, where a dangerous substance was present in the
premises, the risk to relevant persons was eliminated or reduced so far as
was reasonably practicable." {IF{Article21Dropdown} = "Non compliant - major
risk" "The responsible person had not ensured that, where a dangerous
substance was present in the premises, the risk to relevant persons was
eliminated or reduced so far as was reasonably practicable." " "}"}"}

The aim?
"Not Applicable" - returns blank
"Broadly Compliant" - returns "The responsible person had ensured etc"..

Next two choices return the same text line "The responsible person had not
ensured that,... etc"

Have succeeded with a three state IF but failed with this..

Thanks for any help forthcoming.