Thanks for the reference. I found it in a previous note, possibly from
you. I tried to use DDE and it seemed that it was switching some of the
fields - maybe I had them named badly. I am using the "via converter"
option and it seems to work fine for numeric fields and ones where text
has been typed in. The fields where I linked to a text field or used a
VBA macro to generate it do not appear at all. If I use ODBC they
appear fine but then the floating point fields have millions of decimal
places and I can't control it. I finally just typed the generated text
fields (letter grades) by hand in the output.