Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Printing a document having pictues without the pictures

But that assumes that the pictures are in the drawing layer. Inline pictures
would still print. One possibility would be to toggle the field codes of
just the linked pictures (I'm not sure whether updating fields on printing
would toggle them back or not, or how the "field codes" setting in Print
Options would affect this).

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing
Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word
2000).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stephen White" wrote in message

I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures.
The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files.

Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or
without some text representing the link)?

--
Stephen White )