Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Default Balancing Columns on a Page

The Compatibility option was the trick. It is under Tools/Options (for
Office 2000). I had been looking under Format, etc.

Before, when typing, the program would be balancing the columns, so that I
would actually be typing in the rightmost column before the left column was
full. The software would continuously balance the columns while typing,
even if I added a continuous section break.

Thanks for the assistance. This forum continues to be a godsend!

Gordon Biggar

"Gordon Biggar" wrote in message
Unless I inserted the break incorrectly, it didn't seem to solve the
problem.

Somehow, I remember a setup option, where one could select to balance
columns, but I can't find it.

GGB

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
One option: Insert a Continuous Section Break (or Next Page Secton Break

if
appropriate) at the end of the content in the rightmost column.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Gordon Biggar" wrote in message
I've done this before, but darned if I can remember how I did it. I

will
normally balance columns only on the last page of a document, and I

prefer
to type with uneven columns on all of the other preceding pages.

Where
do
accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.