The guillemets seem to be standard for every flavor of French I tried (I had
thought that perhaps if I selected Canadian French or some African version,
I could get curly quotes, but so far I have not succeeded). I did find,
however, that even if I have French (France) selected as the language, I can
still get curly quotes using the built-in keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+`, " for
an opening double quote and Ctrl+', " for a closing double quote. You might
try that.

"Catherine" wrote in message
I have been attempting for a long time to find how I can automatically

change
French dagger quotation marks to English curly quotation marks in a French
document: « needs to be " (in curly form), but find-replace will not

change
the quotation marks. The only way that I have found so far consists in
changing the document's language from French to English (select all,

tools,
language, English), making the changes in the quotation marks with
find-replace, and then setting the language again to French. I would like

my
French document to insert curly quotation marks automatically. If anyone

has
a solution, I would be most grateful to read it. Thank you.