Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

Default table skews when merged with another

I found that if I change both tables to left justification, they line up in
different places. If I drag one of the tabs in the ruler to match the other
table, then they merge ok. just a pain to do.

"jen_writer" wrote:

Hello,
I am working with tables that have a few rows for info and then columns for
data. Whenever I need to change column widths/quantities, I split the table,
make my changes, and merge the tables back into one. I always make sure to
keep the overall table width the same.

However, I am now running into a problem with this. When I delete the
paragraph space between the tables, the tables merge, but the top table
shifts to the right by about 0.2 inches. Even if I try to copy/past a row
from the top table to the bottom one, the pasted row shifts to the right.

Does anyone know why this is and what I can do to stop it?
thanks
jen