Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2003

I used the "Savedate" in the footer of my document. I thought this would
only change if changes had been made to my document. Every time I go in to
simply print my document, it asks me if I want to save it when I exit. If I
remember that I did not make changes, I simply say no and of course, the
savedate stays the same.
Why does it ask me if I want to save it if all I am doing is printing and
have made no changes?
This may seem silly, but when you are multi-tasking, you can't always
remember if you might have made a slight change or were simply printing. I
thought the software would be smart enough to not ask me about saving unless
I made changes. We are relying on this date to indicate if revisions have
been done.