Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
alan

Default how to start outline numbering at heading 2?

i have to add outline numbering to a document exported from another program
-- I can't change the "incoming" document. The steps excellently detailed
in http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html work fine,
and the numbering is great, except that the incoming document is unusual --
it has only a single Heading 1.

So to look good the outline numbering needs to start on Heading 2. I.e. the
first heading 2 should be numbered "1", not "1.1" (I'll delete the first line
of the file, the "Heading 1")

Is this achievable? Sorry, newbie question from a beginner ... thanks for
any answers.