Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
soccerman58 soccerman58 is offline

Default Sizing even page footer affects odd footer size

Hi
I don't want different sized footers, but that's what I have. So I turned
off the Different Footer checkbox and now I have the same size footers
because I turned on the Paragraph Tags and found a whole slew of unnecessary
tags in the footer.

I have decided that I do not want a footer at all on the first page, but I
can't seem to make it disappear. Any tips on that please?
Thanks
--
Phil M

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

The footer will expand to hold whatever you need to put in there. So
instead of dragging the margins, put text or graphics or hit enter in
one of the footers to change the size of the space reserved for the
footer. Set the margins to the smallest size footer necessary.

I'm curious--why do you want different sized footers?

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I have selected the Different First Page and Different Odd and Even Page
footer check boxes, but when I try to drag the ruler and resize the height of
the footer on any page it affects all footers on all pages by the same amount.
Drag the odd page down, and the even and first page footers get dragged down
too. And vice versa.
All pages are in Section 1. I am in Print Layout view.
Any help please?