Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Pasting text into my document changes the margins!

When you copy the text from the source document, exclude the final paragraph
mark: this contains the document's page settings.

If your source document contains multiple sections, you'll need to do each
section separately.

"John Toffolo" John wrote in message
I created a letterhead template that has a logo for the first page header,
an
address line for footers on all pages, a watermark (background), and
margins
that line up with the footer. When I use the template, I paste text from
another document and the margins change!! I guess the margins change to
the
settings of the document from which the text came. Any way to lock the
margins no matter what the employees (people who will use this tmeplate)
paste in - the way you would want a letterhead to act?