Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Multiple criteria for mergefield

{ IF { MERGEFIELD A } = "Y" { INCLUDEPICTURE "DRIVE:\\PATH\\FILENAME" } { IF
{ MERGEFIELD B = "Y" { INCLUDEPICTURE "DRIVE:\\PATH\\ANOTHERFILENAME" }
"" } }

You need to use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and Alt+F9 to
toggle the display of field codes and F9 to update the fields.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gilbertj" u23713@uwe wrote in message news:62b4c4c1f7074@uwe...
I have a spreadsheet as a data source. The data in each field is either a
or N. There could be more than one Yes for a record.

A B C D E
1 Y N N N N
2 N Y N N N
3 Y Y N N N
etc

In my merge document, I want to place an embedded object in a table cell
depending on the criteria in the spreadsheet: { If { mergefield A } = "Y"
"
{EMBED Word.Picture.8 }" }

In addition, I would also like to place a different embedded object if A=N
and B=Y in the same cell in merge document.
If A=Y and B=Y, then I would like to place an embedded object in the first
cell in the merge document and a new embedded object in another cell in
the
merge document.

I hope there's some programming language using the "if then" statements.

Thanks