Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ATSFSS2008 ATSFSS2008 is offline

Default Combination chapter number and page number (e.g. 3-18)

Using Word 2004 for the Mac I can't get this format of page numbers to work
properly.
I have tied/associated my chapter headings with a outline numbered list that
has "Heading" in it (i.e. under bullets and numbering) and have made my
chapter headings the associated "Heading" style. However, the only way I can
get page numbers to appear as 3-18 (for example) is to have a number in front
of the Chapter heading in my document. In other words, for 3-18 to appear as
the page number my Chapter heading in the text must be displayed as "3
Chapter 1", the 3 providing the 3 in the page number. Unfortunately the
chapter heading I want displayed is "Chapter 1", not "3 Chapter 1". Can
anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or point me to a simple step by step
tutorial?
Thanks