B?atrice Karjalainen

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. Hmm the work arounds means that I have to
write instruction to the table and risk that some within the
organisation doesnät read the instructions. We are making a new
graphical profile and would like to use templats that are easy to use.
I have defined special styles for table elements but it is hard to get
everyone to use them.

I can't base table formatting on enything else then Normal, they all
fall back on Table Normal and you can't change that one.

I can't make a new style to use for "normal text" because I know that
it will be impossible to learn everyone that they shall not use Normal
for body text. They are so used to use the predefined styles.

I find it very strange that MS hasn't fixed this bug or mentioned in
the KB. Does anyone know if it is fixed in Office XP?

/Bea

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in message ...
Yes, this is an accurate description of a known problem. I can't imagine why
it was designed like this but that's the way it works.

Most people workaround by setting up separate styles for text in Tables, and
ignore the font settings in the table style. Another approach is to leave
the Normal style at the default, and don't base other styles on it. (Define
ordinary text styles from a different base style to set to the document
font.) You can then use 'Clear Formatting' on the text within the table to
make it take up the font(s) determined by the table style.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP