Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Hardy Hardy is offline

Default Syntax Problem with footer on last page

No! Aha! That's the solution. I thought manually doing the brackets
would have worked and didn't realise had to do ctrl F9 for those as
well. Thanks v. much for your help!

On 19 Dec, 23:44, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Did you insert both { PAGE } and { NUMPAGES } as fields as well?

"Hardy" wrote in message

Hi,

I am trying to get a different footer on my last page. I have
inserted;

IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "Last Page" "Not Last Page"

into the footer having pressed ,ctrl.F9. But is says "Not Last Page"
for all 3 pages in my simple test document. Curiously, if I take the
single space either side of the "=" sign, then it changes to "Last
Page" for all 3 pages.

As I mentioned, it is a simple test document, with no section breaks
or anything, so any other trouble-shooting advice gratefully received.

Hardy- Hide quoted text -