Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Syntax Problem with footer on last page

Graphics can always be a bit of a problem. One way to deal with inserting a
graphic in a field is to save the graphic as an AutoText entry and then
insert the AutoText entry (or an AutoText field) in the IF field. If the
problem is with placement of the graphic, it's possible that adding a \*
MERGEFORMAT switch would help, as it would (theoretically) preserve any
formatting you applied to the graphic after inserting it in the field.

"Hardy" wrote in message
After a bit of trial and error, I've finally got my last page graphic
sorted. Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays!!!

On 20 Dec, 15:50, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can also use the Insert Page Number and Insert Number of Pages buttons
on the Header and Footer toolbar to insert these fields.

"Hardy" wrote in message

No! Aha! That's the solution. I thought manually doing the brackets
would have worked and didn't realise had to do ctrl F9 for those as
well. Thanks v. much for your help!

On 19 Dec, 23:44, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Did you insert both { PAGE } and { NUMPAGES } as fields as well?

"Hardy" wrote in message

Hi,

I am trying to get a different footer on my last page. I have
inserted;

IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "Last Page" "Not Last Page"

into the footer having pressed ,ctrl.F9. But is says "Not Last Page"
for all 3 pages in my simple test document. Curiously, if I take the
single space either side of the "=" sign, then it changes to "Last
Page" for all 3 pages.

As I mentioned, it is a simple test document, with no section breaks
or anything, so any other trouble-shooting advice gratefully
received.

Hardy- Hide quoted text -