Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default How do I modify the default number alignment in Word 2007?

I have the problem where my lists aren't lined up when I reach number 10 and
beyond. There is the Adjust List Indents option, but that seems to be
"correct after the fact". I would like the hanging indent to be larger by
default (so I could at least make it to 99 before things go screwy).

I read the tips he http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm
but they apply to older version of word.

I looked at modifying the Normal style, Format-Numbering, but that doesn't
seem to allow you to tweak the tabbing.

Did they get rid of the feature, or is it buried deep down somewhere?

thanks,
Jim