Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Theo[_2_] John Theo[_2_] is offline

Default Set up footers with left, centre and right aligned elements?

Just thought I'd say that I tried all this and it worked. We often have to
insert landscape pages into portrait documents and it is a complete pain to
get the footers to carry over. Setting them up as a table of 3 columns with
each cell aligned L C and R as required worked.

BUT you have to first add the pages after section breaks which you coinvert
to landscape with the footer set to "continue from previous" (to get the
footer to carry over) THEN disconnect the footer from previous to get it to
spread itself properly accross the bottom of the page. Nevertheless an awful
lot better than messing about with tabs and spaces to make it work. Thank
you again Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, there is a new "alignment tab" in Word 2007 (described in my article on
tabs at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm).

http://word.mvps.org

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
I have found that it only shimmies if one has not unlinked the
header/footer
from the previous one. AFAIR, the W2007 header/footer is set up to
handle
this automatically with relative to margin tab alignment.

PamC

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
One way to do this is with a table (three columns) set to 100% width. But
you will find that this is very processor-intensive and may make your
headers "shimmy" constantly as Word continually recalculates the width.

How do I set up footers with left, centre and right aligned elements so
that
if I introduce a landscape section in a portrait document it still
works?