Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default footnotes in mailmerge

Hi Michelle,

With your mailmerge main document open, select the References Ribbon, click on the little arrow on the Footnotes tab to expand it.
Then, select Numbering and choose 'Restart each Section'. Then run your mailmerge.

Note: You can make the same change to your existing output document but, when doing so, you'll need to make sure the 'Apply Changes
to' box refers to the whole document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Michelle" wrote in message ...
(This question is for Word 2007.)

"Michelle" wrote:

I have a letter with footnotes 1 and 2. When I click on "Finish & Merge" the
footnotes in the other letters become 3, 4, 5, 6 and so on. How do I create
a mailmerge and keep the footnotes 1 and 2 for all the letters?