Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Drew Capuder Drew Capuder is offline

Default Content Controls Disappear After Merge

I have several Word 2007 forms that are macro enabled, so they have the docm
extension. They are merge forms that pull data from a law office managerment
program called TimeMatters.

The forms each use several instances of the "Rich Text" and "Date Picker"
content controls. I have copied code from this site:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm
and the code automatically updates the content controls with the same name.

Everything works perfecttly when I have the forms open. The Content Controls
are usable and the contents of the controls updates automatically (based on
the code).

But then when I run a merge with the form, the resulting document strips out
the content controls, leaving only whatever text or prompt had been in the
content control (such as "enter text here"). In other words, the content
control disappears, leaving only whatever text had been entered into the
content control before the merge.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drew Capuder