Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mahogany Mahogany is offline

Default Headers and Footers

For some reason, after a particular exercise, my header and footer content
becomes illegible at the point of printing. I often cut and paste screen
images/dumps from a system application creating a (save-able) Word document
for archives. The final action is to identify the doc by adding headers and
footers. The Header and Footer content is fine. For a while. Then moments
later the Header title becomes a blob. So does my initials, page nos. and
date/time in Footer. On closer inspection, the blob is made up of the actual
letters sitting ON TOP of each other instead of next to each other (to form
words). I have tried for weeks to rectify thinking it must be a format
problem but margins et al are set at standard. Please help.