Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell  via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Numbering, revisited

I glad I could help.

If your documents are well and consistently formatted, you could search for
particular formatting and in the replace box specify an appropriate style.
Several such searches could be bound into one macro. The first step in
such a macro should be to attach a template with your styles and multilevel
list. More help may be available from the programming forum. Of course,
you'd still have to proof the results against the record copy.

Pam

Dogwoodnc wrote:
I'm still a bit concerned about revising existing documents (since there are
SO many of them and some are extremely large), since they still exhibit the
flaky numbering as described earlier when steps are added/deleted/rearranged
-- until we are able to reformat them all. I think reformatting (using
styles) will be the optimal solution -- but it may be a long time before we
can reformat EVERYthing.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!