Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Balaji

Default How can I troubleshoot a mail merge problem?

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the mail merge from Excel, I have some fields and
I had merged those fields to a word document via. Mail Merge, in the word
document in addition to the mail merge filed I have some input fields, when I
save the merged document,

1. Every time it is asking for the data source. If I select "NO"
it displays the first value in the Excel sheet and when I try to enter some
values to the input fields means the merged fieldvalue disappearas and it
displayes like field Name without values.

What I want is.

1. Read each line from a EXCEL sheet to a word document and save the word
document to a separate file.doc, in that I should Have the merged filed
without asking for the data source again and again and I should be able to
enter some values int the in put fields.

How to do this?

Any help is very much appreciaed

"trainer07" wrote:

I am using Word's mail merge to input data from an Excel spreadsheet. Once I
complete the merge, the results appear in my document, but are highlighted in
grey. It's like mail merge forgot to get rid of the highlights. How can I
fix this?