Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Clive Clive is offline

Default How do I use mailmerge to produce a table list from my datasource? - like a tabular report

I want to use use Word 2003 to produce nicely formatted lists of
information.

It used to work in older versions of word that you could create a template
with the required fields in the line of a table and the mailmerge process
created a result with as many rows that could fit on a page - with the rest
of the data spilling onto subsequent pages. However now, with Word 2003, it
puts a page break after each line of data, resulting in a page for each row
in the datasource - very wasteful of paper..

I've tried using the next record field in a table cell at the end of the
row in the template file, but this makes no difference.

Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks

Clive, London UK