Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

Default shouldn't Grammar Checking in Word 2003 catch this word transposition

That's really a pretty subtle syntactic flaw, recognisable only by reference
to the semantics. "Will" can be a transitive verb, and "find" can be a noun;
to a human they are an unlikely combination, but a grammar checker has no
notion of meaning, only structure.

"in the diamond exploration business you will hear about a loss more often
than you will a find..."

The settings for the grammar checker are on Tools Options Spelling and
Grammar. The choice of document type is no longer provided, I think.

"John Gibb" wrote in message
Hi,

I was hoping that Word 2003's Grammar Checking would catch this error:

You will a find hierarchical menu.

and propose correcting it to:

You will find a hierarchical menu.

But it did not.

Any suggestions?

And I seem to recall that Word used to let me set the type of document being
written or checked (scientific, informal, etc.). but I can't find that
setting.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

-john