Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default When I hit "tab," I want it to move one space. How do I set this?

Is it that you are unfamiliar with setting tabstops? Or that you are having
problems setting a tabstop to the length of a "space"? For setting tabstops,
your might look at:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...341291033.aspx

The length of a "space" is more complex, especially if you are using a
justified alignment. In addition, tabstops are normally set as some distance
from your left margin. While some people use tabs at the beginning of a
paragraph as a first-line indent, it is generally better to create a first
line paragraph indent instead.

Steven Craig Miller

"dragon dancer" wrote:

This computer has the most recent "word" as of January 1, 2008