Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cooz

Default How to create number style format in 100, 110, 120 ...

Hi Stefan,

Of course! My blind spot again... it will kill me some day.
Thank you,

Cooz

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Cooz" wrote in message
Hi Stephen,

In the New Style dialog box, select Format | Numbering... | tab

Numbered.
Select the second box, or in any case the one that shows 1. ... 2.

.... 3.
... If a box like this is not visible, select the second box and

click Reset.
Click Customize...
In the textbox under Number format, type a 0 between the 1 and the .
Click OK, and click OK.

This style starts numbering at 10 instead of 100 - if you cannot

live with
that, insert nine alineas with this style and give them hidden

format.
Perhaps this is somewhat clumsy, but it works.

Clever idea! But instead of inserting hidden paragraphs to get
numbering to start at 100, why not just set the "Start at" number to
10?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're

logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the

question?".
Thanks.

"Stephen Lim" wrote:

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the info.

However, it's still didn't mentioned how to create the numbering

in format of
100, 110, 120 ....

Urgent reply required.

Stephen Lim

"Stephen Lim" wrote:

Hi,

I need some assistant to create a number style under the

"bullets and
numbering" function for subsequent use in the Table of Content

function.

I had tried the available option, but Word only display the

usual number
format of 1,2,3 ....