Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

Default Is there someplace to report grammar checker errors?

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:34:21 -0500, "Beth Melton"
wrote:

No one here is a "Microsoft apologist". MVPs are actually some of
Microsoft's biggest critics. I give them an earful every chance I get!
grin

Sure, it could be a bug but to be perfectly honest I don't care if the
grammar checker makes an incorrect suggestion if it means taking time away
from the developers tackling issues that prevent me from getting my work
done, working on a feature that will increase my productivity, or more
importantly, tackling issues that cause Word to crash.

Microsoft has obscene profits. They ought to be able to fix both big
and little problems. I never said this was life or death. actually, I
mainly asked if there is someplace to report these bugs so that when
and if anyone at Microsoft happens to give a ****, they would have
some data to look at.

What I got back was a bunch of pedantic criticism of my writing style
and other irrelevant comments on how the grammar checker really ought
to be fallible.

I was trying to be helpful. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

With that in mind, if
I came across this during the beta I wouldn't take the time to report it or
give them an 'earful' about it.

Sounds to me like you have long ago decided that the bar for Mircosoft
products is pretty low. No point in reporting anything that doesn;t
cause Word to crash, which it also does fairly frequently.

By no means am I trying to downplay your concerns, I realize everyone has
their own priorities, but the grammar checker isn't one of mine. :-)

It's not one of mine either. I discovered a bug. I thought I see if
anyone gave a damn. Obviously, not.

Beth Melton

"Three Lefts" wrote in message
.. .
This is a bug in the grammar checker no
matter what the Microsoft apologists say. It's a bug.