Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta -- Print problems

Microsoft will not release patches for individual fixes to the beta. We're
expecting a "technical refresh" release (called B2TR for short) "real soon
now" that will include all the bug fixes so far. One thing we've been told
is that the refresh itself will be a "patch" -- that is, you must have Beta
2 installed already in order to install the refresh.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Lily_My_Lovely wrote:
Is there a patch for this bug now?

It drives me mad as I most the documents I create are with images and
I print in draft first (default printer setting) and then want to
change to print in a better resolution or paper type once the
document is verified.

I can't be doing with closing word, changing settings in CP.
restarting Word, printing, closing word, changing settings in CP...
its mad.

The other I error I get is an exception error when trying to click
printerproperties, and then nothing works.

Hi Apota,

Here is another suggestion that might work:
Set your desired printer + resolution as the default before booting
Word.
Then print without changing settings.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Apota" wrote in message
:

I found out new information. If I print in FastDraft mode it
prints in normal size, but if I print in any other mode, ex. Fast
Normal, Normal, Best or Maximum it prints really small. It works
fine in 2003 and this only happened in 2007 and it happens with
documents created in 2003 or new documents I create in 2007.
Thanks again for your help and time....

"Apota" wrote:

I have the exact same problem. I have an HP 6840 printer.
Everytime I print it's printing everything really really small and
it's showing the print really big on the print preview. It also
first prints a blank page. I'm not printing that much, just one
page with a few lines of print on it. Thanks for your help and
time...

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

Hi Jon,

Do you happen by any chance to have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7
installed? If you do, what happens when you print to the Adobe
PDF printer? Same issue or ok?

Here are some suggestions that *could* fix the issue (courtesy of
Bob Buckland):
1. From Start=Programs=Accessories=System Tools
run 'Disk Cleanup' and clear the browser cache
and the temporary file folders.

2. Restart the PC.

3. Use Start Search and locate the file name string
~$*.*;*.tmp
and send those files to the recycle bin.

4. Start Word. If you encounter this problem still
try File[Office Button]Print
and choose a different printer then switch back
to your regular one.

You can try starting with number 4

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote in
message :

Hi! Thanks for your respond. The PDF works. I have a Epson
Stylus C42UX. Had just installed the lasted driver from Epsons
homepage. But it still gives the same trouble. Thankful for help.

Jon

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

Does the PDF workaround work for you?
What printer/driver do you have?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"elproffset.se" wrote
in message
:

Hi! I have the same problem! I only see the upper left corner.
It apear even after rebooting. Would be glad for any help. Jon

"SteveH" wrote:

Thanks for the idea. I did find that by rebooting my PC the
problem went away, so I'm thinking that cured everything.
Again, thanks for your help. I have a HP OfficeJet 6210 that
has not had any problems.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

There are some issues with printer drivers in Word 2007.
What printer do you have and do you have the latest driver
for it installed?
What happens if you save the file as PDF? Is the output ok
then? If it is, then use the save as pdf feature as
workaround by printing the pdf.

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

"SteveH" wrote in message
:

When I go into Print Preview on (some, not all) old Word
2003 docs or docs I've created in the new Word 2007 Beta
(.docx), I see only the top-left quarter of the page. If I
bypass Print Preview and go straight to Print, I only print
the top-left quarter of the page.

Anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it?