Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Saving changes to Data Source

Dave,

At least some of the issues in this area are known and have been reported to
Microsoft - I had hoped there would be fixes in the SP1 release, but
apparently not. Which leaves me with no really helpful suggestions. So
probably unhelpful ones...
a. if your data source is on a network drive, try copying it to a local
drive (however, I do not think this is relevant in this case)
b. if possible, edit the data source outside Word.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Desperate Dave" Desperate wrote in message
I recently updated to Office 2007. When I do a mail merge and edit /change
my data source during the mail merge I can no longer save the data source.
get a window that says the data soruce is a read only file, which it is
not.
I believe the .tmp file it creates when I open the data soruce, during the
edit, causes the read only window.

Need help any suggestions?