Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default Peculiar Ruler in Word

Good morning, all!
Post Easter weekend update:

At home, I uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Publisher is unaffected by
this problem - starts with a normal looking A4 document) but to no avail.

The worrying thing is that since I opened the document in Word at work,
THAT's corrupted too! At the moment, the ruler shows a left hand margin from
-1 to 0, then the ruler running from 0 to 19 and the right hand margin
running from 19 to 20. the length of the page is the same, giving the page a
roughly square appearance.

Just wondering if some nasty piece of hidden VBA has corrupted the registry
in some way and now it's corrupted my settings too.

Does anyone have any idea as to if and where the paper size for Word is
stored in the registry, so i can at least go and check if the settings are
correct?

All I want is for Word to open with a nice A4 sized document!

Yours in desperation

Pete