Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Why are my hyperlinks showing as hypertext in Word

In Word, press Alt+F9 to switch between display of field codes
(what you see now) and field results. If that doesn't work, then
in Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the "Field
codes" box | Print tab | uncheck the "Field codes" box | OK.

MD wrote:
When I set up a hyperlink on a word document it now goes in as hypertext. The
only way to correct it is to press the read button on the toolbar. It was OK
and I don't know what has changed. The link still work. Any advice please.