Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Resetting Emphasis style in DOCX document

By default, the Organizer dialog box only includes styles that has been
actually used. You should be able to change the visibility of styles in the
template, but the following method will be easier:

Create a new, blank document. Type some text and then apply the Emphasis
style. Save the document. Use the Organizer to copy the style from the
document you just created.

Note that by default you will always see normal.dotm in the Organizer, but
you can click Close File and then Open File to locate any document (don't
forget to change the file type in the dialog box) from which you want to
copy styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John" wrote:

The reason I want to use the original built-in Emphasis style from
Normal.dotm is so I know that it is the original "factory" setting. Not a
modified setting as has somehow occurred in the document.

In theory, setting the Automatically Update Document Styles check box in the
Templates And Add-Ins dialog box should convert Emphasis style to the
Normal.dotm setting, but it does not for some unclear reason.

Thanks in advance