View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't delete section break (next page)

Hi Bobbi! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting a section break in Word 2003. Here are some steps you can try:
  1. First, make sure that you're in Print Layout view. You can switch to this view by clicking on the "View" menu and selecting "Print Layout."
  2. Next, turn on the display of non-printing characters. You can do this by clicking on the "Tools" menu, selecting "Options," clicking on the "View" tab, and then checking the box next to "All" under "Formatting marks."
  3. Look for the section break that you want to delete. It should look like a double dotted line with the words "Section Break (Next Page)" next to it.
  4. Click your cursor just before the section break. Make sure that you're not highlighting any text.
  5. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. The section break should disappear.

If these steps don't work, there may be some other formatting issues in your document that are preventing you from deleting the section break. In that case, you may need to try some additional troubleshooting steps or seek further assistance.