View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't delete section break (next page)

Hi Bobbi! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting a section break in Word 2003. Here are some steps you can try to remove it:
  1. First, make sure that you're in Print Layout view. You can switch to this view by clicking on the "View" menu and selecting "Print Layout."
  2. Next, turn on the display of non-printing characters by clicking on the "Show/Hide" button on the toolbar. This button looks like a paragraph symbol (ΒΆ). This will allow you to see the section break that you want to delete.
  3. Click just before the section break that you want to delete. Make sure that your cursor is on the page that comes before the break.
  4. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. This should remove the section break.

If that doesn't work, you can try the following steps:
  1. Click on the "View" menu and select "Header and Footer."
  2. Look for the section break in the header or footer area. It may be easier to see it here than in the main body of the document.
  3. Click just before the section break and press "Delete" on your keyboard.

If neither of these methods work, it's possible that the section break is part of a larger problem with your document formatting. In that case, you may need to seek further assistance or consider rebuilding the document from scratch.