Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg in Portland Greg in Portland is offline

Default I want to sort mail merge recipients by Outlook Categories

I've been trying to do this same thing. I followed all the steps carefully. I
highlighted all the contacts in the category view, selected tools then mail
merge, selected labels, selected the appropriate template in the "mail merge
helper" window, as well as confirming the data file is loaded there. Then,
when I select "close", I get a word template with all the proper fields and
divider lines, but the data never loads--the Word document label fields just
stay empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm