Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJB AJB is offline

Default hard numbering paragraphs in word

I have a proposal template (regular word doc) that has about 100 paragraphs.
I want to be able to number them so that I can write an instruction manual
for reference and new users. I do not want this numbering to print, and I do
not want the numbers to reset as paragraphs are deleted. The numbering is to
be distinct from the Roman numeral numbering that is already there and is
printed out as part of the document.

The main goal here is to be able to tell writing assistants ' use paragraphs
1-7, 12, 19 & 27 for this proposal' so they can compile and edit.

thanks,

Andy