Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet in Word Document

Thanks. This would probably work if I actually had some Excel file/workbook
to link. What I have in my document--really a detailed itinerary for each
business trip--for en expense summary IS the Excel spreadsheet or, more
accurately, WAS the Excel spreadsheet I inserted into my Word document but
now ismerely a table.

--

Joe McGuire
"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Use Insert Object Create from File or copy in Excel then Edit Paste
Special MS Excel Worksheet into Word rather than a regular Paste. Either
way you can also choose to Link to the Excel file so the embedded object
can
be updated based on changes in the workbook file & you can dbl-click the
object in the Word doc to open it in Excel.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/16/08 12:46 PM, in article ,
"Joe
McGuire" wrote:

Is there a way for me to put an Excel spreadsheet in a Word 2003 document
(actually a simple template for business travel expenses) and have it
continue to operate as a spreadsheet? The closest I get is that my
little
excel spreadsheet goes into my Word document and becomes a table. And
acts
like one. That is, it will not add up the figures correctly in a column
or
row if any cell is left blank. Sure, a table would work if I just enter
bunch of zeroes where the blanks are. But I was thinking maybe a little
more interoperability is possible. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!